Saturday, November 7, 2015

...About Last Night...

Ice ice Riesling!  After an hour or two fridge thaw.


The plan was to stay home.  We are usually devoid of energy on Friday nights.  Fix a nice dinner, split chicken breasts oven roasted with wild and brown rice and fresh beets.  Mary worried that the beets would stain everything including the plates.  The only beet stain was on Dora's whit fleece.  Afterwards sink into the couch and watch NetFlix with a glass of wine in hand.  A documentary on Blondie recording Parallel Lines was our pick.

Not long after Blondie's New York end my son and his friend came over.  Things got serious.  maybe 4 or 5 bottles were consumed by the four of us.  At one point I place 2 in the freezer for a quick chill.  One came out.

I don't know what prompted me to open the freezer this morning.  But there it was.  Ice cold frozen bottle of Barefoot's Riesling.  Perhaps it was there 7 hours.  Top to bottom ice.  I still am amazed that the bottle did not crack.  What is it, 7.5%?  Now thawing in the fridge.  I'll report back about the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment